30th Sunday in Ordinary Time.
Sunday 23rd October 2016.
Celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
This Sacrament is celebrated at the following times,
- St. David’s, Dalkeith :- Saturday evening from 5.20 p.m. to 5.45 p.m. before Vigil Mass.
- St. Luke & St. Anne’s, Mayfield :- Sunday morning from 9.00 a.m. before Mass.
- In either parish, at any suitable time by request.
Today a special collection will be taken up for Missio Scotland, the Scottish branch of the Pontifical Mission Societies.
Through Missio, the Church in Scotland is helping the Church in poorer countries to help people in their own communities who are most in need.
Next Sunday there will be a gathering of young Catholics in the Edinburgh area, aged from S6 to 30, the first of a series of gatherings aimed at discovering ways of putting faith into action. The meeting will be at St. Pat’s in the Cowgate at 5.30 p.m. and the speaker will be Duncan McLaren, formerly of SCIAF and Caritas International.
It will be a wonderful way to learn more about your faith and to meet other young Catholics in the area. There is a poster at the back of the church – or ask Fr. Andrew for further details.
The Friday morning Mass this week will be at 9.30 a.m. rather than the usual 9 a.m. as the P4 class from St. David’s will be coming to Mass that day.
Parish News and Events.
We are now accepting articles, photos and news for the Autumn magazine.
Please send or give yours soon to Brian, Winifred, Patricia or Julian.
200 Club Prize Draw Sunday 6th November.
Please make sure you have paid up in full - there are still numbers available.
If you are 'in' you can win!
This Sunday (23rd October).
Pro-Life Teas & Coffees. Please support us after Mass.
Next Sunday (30th October).
British Lung Foundation Teas & Coffees. Please support us after Mass.
Teas and Coffees - dates available to book.
For now, contact Deirdre - tel. 0131 663 1232 to enquire or book the next available Sunday in 2017.
Dates update from Molly (these updates are also on the website).
• Sunday the 30th of October, hall committee meeting with Fr. Andrew after 11 a.m. Mass.
• Sunday the 6th of November, the roles for this year's Nativity play will be decided, this is for both St. David's and St. Luke & St Anne's, if your child is interested in taking part please let either Molly or Lesley know.
This will happen during the children's liturgy.
• Sunday the 4th of December, pantomime tickets will be ready for collection after 11 a.m. Mass.
Children's Christmas party (2-3.30 p.m.). Sheets for names and ages will go up in both Parishes in the next few weeks.
• Sunday 11th December, our annual pantomime trip. Buses will leave St. David's straight after 11 a.m. Mass.
• Sunday the 18th of December, joint Nativity play at 2 p.m., followed by mulled wine and mince pies, all welcome.
Please note, with Peter helping in the Cathedral, Iris Lawrie has taken on producing the newsletter with Julian. Please send items for inclusion to both. Their respective e-mails are shown on the printed newsletter.